Wherever you may be working it becomes very important to understand the hierarchy and the roles of each individual so that you will have an idea who will come to you with what questions and what information has to be chare with them. If you are working in a video production company Singapore then you will very well know that there are many different departments in it and each team operates differently. The hiring is completely dependent upon the budget, if you have a high budget then you will have the bigger crew and if the budget I slow then there is no surprise if you see a director of photography operating the camera. Let us discuss some of the different roles involved in video production.
- Producer: The first contact person is the producer. All the high-level discussions happen with the producer. Once all the expectations are set then the producer will form the production team. The first person to choose is the director and then the remaining members. He gets involved in the project from first till the end that is at the pre-production stage, production stage, and post-production stage.
- Director: He is the person who is completely involved in the sets. They help in hiring the crew and also make adjustments in the script if it is going out of budget or taking more time. They are the ones who will be directing the talent. They also look into the technical aspects like camera position, lighting, and any other things.
- Assistant director: Assistant director is the one who assists the producer and the director. He is the one who will be scheduling the set timing and make sure that the complete team is on time. AD also checks all the list of shooting for that day and if the set is prepared according to the shoot and are the people telling the correct lines, etc.
- Directory of photographer: The director of the photographer is in charge of the camera and lightings. He is the one who has to arrange all the equipment according to the director’s vision.
- Digital imaging technicians: They are the people who have complete knowledge about the specific cameras on the set. They make the necessary change in the color so that the shoot gets its perfect look. In most cases, the Directory of photographers does this job.
- Lighting director: The lighting directors are responsible to get the perfect lighting for the film. He closely works with the director of the photographer and the director. He advises the production assistance where they should keep the lights and arrange other lightings required to fulfill the director’s vision.
Hope this information will help you to understand some of the roles involved in video production.No tags